Sunday, July 24, 2016

Out in town and down the tub.

Took a few more pictures out in downtown Alexandria today, this one is at the Alexandria City Hall, the flags being flown at half-mast is a tradition performed when mourning fallen soldiers and police officers, this time in particular for three fallen police officers in Baton Rouge, Louisiana.

 I don't know any of the information on this piece, but this is a piece of 'modern art' outside the Alexandria Art Museum in downtown Alexandria, which also includes many other shops, bars, and antique stores.

 On the wall of one such antique store, is a wonderfully detailed mural of a train and horizon.

















 My last few are of something I put together here on the farm. This is one with the screen rolled back.  Even though it's just thrown together really, and it's a bit too late to help the tomato plants that are in there now, but I think it will help out quite a bit with the next things we decide to plant in this tub garden.   I am thinking of putting something somewhat similar together for our other tub/table gardens, with a few modifications for each piece.      

And these are with the screen rolled forward, to help shield the plants inside from the direct sunlight, which I think was doing some real damage to them.



Thank you all for stopping by.    If anyone in the Alexandria area plays the phone game, Pokemon GO, there is some sort of pokemon related thing near the Red River, where the photo of the Alexandria City Hall and the Alexandria Art Museum were taken, as there were a lot of people there doing it when I was walking around taking pictures.

 

3 comments:

  1. All good pictures, Bob. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sixty-one and for the first time I am ashamed of our nation. It is not the same nation my father and all military fought for and not a nation that shows respect to the officers who protect us. I hope that changes soon.

    I'm not sure about the art but I think we could do that too. Do you weld? You might be surprised by the pieces that sell.

    I love your idea of shade. In this beating sun plants need protection. During those super hot days some of our tomatoes sunburned!

    Wonderful pictures.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know the very basics of welding, but both modern and classical art escape me haha, I just don't get any of the modern stuff, and I'm nowhere near good enough to do the classical.

      Thank you, I appreciate it

      Delete