Thursday, August 11, 2016

A few in the yard, soon to be in the sky.

 My first photo today is a bit of mystery, these look a bit like un-ripe Elderberry's, while they are still green, but the plant itself doesn't look like an Elderberry bush, and I don't actually know what this plant is, I believe these are actually nuts, because they look a bit more hard to me, rather than soft like a berry.

 And here we have some of our actual Elderberry's.  We have a couple of scattered Elderberry bushes around the yard, but I am thinking about maybe harvesting from some of them, and using them for re-planting, and maybe trying to make some Elderberry jelly or Elderberry wine.

 This one is just a bit of a closer photo to accentuate the look of the leaves and berries of the Elderberry bush as opposed to the unknown one in the first photo.

 Got a couple of really nice photos of an Egret that was happily following along as I was doing some mowing out in the pasture.  The Egrets around here really love following the mowers and tractors around because it causes
 all the big grasshoppers and other bugs to go hopping around like crazy, making them easier to for the Egrets to catch, and the Egrets are more than comfortable with following the big machinery around, it almost doesn't even seem to bother them at all.
 Pecans are a really big deal around here in Louisiana.  When Pecan season comes, there is, almost literally, someone on every corner of the city buying pecans, we have a few trees out in the yard, most of which look like the pecans are coming in quite nicely.  These one's are from a tree in our yard that I think wasn't producing yet last year, but has so many that some of the branches are being weighed down.

If you do happen to know what that first plant is, please, leave a comment and let me know, all my google searches just bring up articles about Elderberry's.    I have a few more good photo's that I will be uploading tomorrow, or, at least in another post, to try and make sure this one doesn't get too cluttered.  Have a nice day,  and thank you for stopping by.



3 comments:

  1. Fantastic photographs.

    Have a blessed evening.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I appreciate it, I will try my best to. You have a blessed night also

      Delete
  2. All nice photos. I don't know what that first one is. I'll be curious to see how it ages.

    ReplyDelete