Tuesday, August 23, 2016

I Can Fly Twice As High

 Before the big rain down here in Louisiana, I took a few pictures of a small plane that sprays the fields across the road, I think most of them came out pretty well.
 The plane is a very small one, flown by a guy who has his own airfield down the road a ways, although, airfield may be too official of a term for it, its just a   small strip.



This is my favorite one out of the plane photos, where he's dropping the pesticide/herbicide (I'm not to sure which, exactly), just because I think it was cool that I was able to get it in a fairly visible way.




While out mowing, down here in Louisiana, the bugs are everywhere, since this one was just a fly, and not a terribly big danger, I decided to take a photo of it, that I think came out pretty well, he didn't stay around long after I started mowing again though.



I love getting these close-up photo's of dragonflies, they tend to be less wary of people being around, or at least they don't run away as fast, so it's a bit easier to get good, stable shots of them.


And this I believe was a Cicada who recently finished molting, because I can't think of any other reason why the Cicada would be on the husk like that, though I have found out it seems they really like this tire, I saw at least 6 other husks on the tire, so it may have just been there because they like it.


Sorry for the long delay, but thank you for stopping by.    I think my favorites in this one are the plane spraying the field and the dragonfly one.  I hope you all have a wonderful day and night, and I hope you stop by again.

8 comments:

  1. You have some really good photos here, Bob. The spray is probably defoliant. I think they planted cotton over there this year.
    And that cicada definitely just hatched. Great catch!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, yeah, I think the Cicada one was pretty cool too, saw it while I was out mowing, had to go back in for my camera, because, of course, whenever I don't take it is when I see something cool

      Delete
  2. The photos are nice! The cicadas loved my mom's mortar that stuck out between her bricks on the house. Maybe the like rough surfaces.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. Yeah, the cicada's are pretty common around our area too, but they look pretty cool, so Im ok with that :P

      Delete
  3. Your pictures are great. Love the plane.

    Finding an emerging cicada is a blessing. Sixty-one and I've could count the times I've witnessed this on my hands. They tend to climb the tallest thin handy. I imagine the tire is easy to cling to. I used to collect the shells as a child. They were and still are very fascinating to me.

    You have great skills. You might consider entering a few contests.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I will look into contests, it could be fun

      Delete
  4. Great pics! Very clear! You must have a really good camera. I also like the plane spraying pic.

    ReplyDelete