Sunday, September 18, 2016

More Landscape Photo's Too.

 I like taking close up pictures of bugs with wings because I like seeing their wings, and bugs seem to be a little more...forgiving with proximity to people than un-domesticated animals.  Although I don't know what this bug is, I wasn't able to find out anything bad about it, so I don't think it's too dangerous.

 
 Most of the bugs I take pictures of happen to land on me while I'm out mowing, and sometimes, it gets really difficult to take a good picture with an actual camera when I have only my left hand to use, so I wasn't able to get this one very close.


This one looks kind of like a really small moth, but it was the middle of the day, so I really doubt that it was a moth, from the shape of the wings I might think maybe a Leafhopper, but it seems a bit too chunky for one of them.

 I didn't know frogs had a habit of being so cool.   I keep a little Grabber-Arm tool with me on the mower while mowing to move branches out of the way or other things, and I don't know how long he was there, but he was just hanging out, I guess enjoying the ride.  Which is weird since the tractor was on pretty close to full power so it was rumbling and making lots of noise.  I ended up dropping him off near the tree I noticed him at, since I had to go mow in the sun, and I doubt frogs like the sun much.
 Our pecans are coming in very nice, these are some of the bigger ones.   A lot of the trees we have are still green, but some of them are already starting to brown and open up.  I think this will be a great pecan year.
 I'm going to start taking some landscape-type pictures from now on, these won't necessarily be 'of' anything, and for a while they might be a little bad until I get the hang of taking this style of  photo, so I'll start off with my favorite one, the one I think came out best, of the bayou across the road.  We get all sorts of birds, nutria, gators, pretty much every type of animal in Louisiana is over there at some point in time.

 This one is just a picture of the, mostly, mowed yard, the picture might not do it justice, and this is only about half of it, but it's actually really big.   And while you can't see it right now, it's incredibly wet out there, no standing water at the moment, but pretty much all the dirt is mud right now.  We've had some pretty serious raining over the last couple months, and yesterday we had some more rain, so the ground is pretty saturated.

 And this last one is the tree in the background of the previous picture, it's a pretty big tree.  Not terribly tall, but really wide.  This one is not one of our pecan trees, almost unfortunately, one that big could drop a whole heap of them on it's own



Thanks for stopping by, and if you'd like, let me know which one of the pictures you liked the most, or share your thoughts, I'd be happy to hear them.   Until next time, have a great day or night.

4 comments:

  1. The bayou picture is great! I love them all really. Your aunt and uncle planted the oak tree in your last picture. Your Dad trimmed it a couple years ago and did a really good job, I think.
    Hoping it stops raining before the pecans start falling in earnest. I do not like wet feet and the pecan prices will go down, too. Really good job with these!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope it dries a bit too, its much more comfortable to pick pecans in the dryness. Thank you for your compliment

      Delete
  2. Your photos continue to amaze me. Love the tree frog. Got some good pics of on a couple this week. They sure make lots of noise for such a small frog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much, I appreciate it. Yeah, and with all the water around here, there's plenty of them to make lots of noise haha.

      Delete